Saturday, August 8, 2009

Time to Blog!


I've had my Segway almost a month and have been planning to blog about the places we've seen in and around Wellington. Obviously, that the blogging bit has been missing! 8-)

For years I had been wanting to get my own Segway and finally I got one! Funny thing is that I had never ridden on a Segway before, in fact it wasn't after I had paid for it and we're we loading it onto the back of my truck did I have my first 'glide'. The moment I got on I knew I had what I wanted!


I spent a couple of weeks getting used to the lean steer and doing glides around my neighborhood (Woodridge), which fortunately offers access to a wide range of surfaces and obstacles; ranging from brush-overrun tracks, mud, steep inclines (and ascents!) as well as paved sufaces. In fact I spent a fair bit of time going down streets and roads I hadn't ventured down before.

So now we have started!

No comments:

Post a Comment